Wednesday 1 February 2012

Salmond takes a principled stand on Goodwin's knighthood

Full disclosure; I really don't like Mr. Salmond. If I had to draw up a list of politicians I despise, he would be very close to the top of list. As my much beloved Grandmother used to say "he has a face you want to slap".

So, you can understand my amusement when I read the following paragraph in the Telegraph:

Alex Salmond, the Scottish First Minister, who backed RBS’s disastrous takeover of ABN Amro at the time said last night: “This is the correct decision.”

Yes, that sounds like Alex. He backed Goodwin and RBS, when he thought there was some political gain in a merger between RBS and ABN Amro. When RBS failed, he ran for cover, offering only ambiguous platitudes when asked how an independent Scotland could have managed the failure of the largest Scottish Bank. Then he treacherously cut off the hapless Goodwin when a hostile wind blew up from London.

Alex only ever makes correct decisions....

1 comment:

Vodka drinker said...

Salmond is a knob end.