(Click on the graphic for a larger version)
This is a house price heat map for the South West of England.
The blue areas indicate towns and cities where house prices have been falling. The darker the area, the deeper the price cuts. The red areas indicate rising prices; the deeper the red, the faster the house price growth.
So what is the housing heat map telling us about property developments in the South West?
- Prices were falling rapidly in throughout most of 2009.
- The market began to turn in the summer.
- By early 2010 virtually all the towns in the region were experiencing positive price increases.
- Prices heated up during the summer of 2010.
- More recently, the market appears to be cooling again.